This course is designed to train operators (new or experienced) on all aspects of safe lift truck operation for Low Lift Electric Pallet Jacks.
This course is typically covered over one day in classroom training with instruction taking approximately 4 – 5 hours. This includes testing, both written and practical.
**Please note that all breaks, including lunch, are separate and not included in instruction time**
- The definition of Material Handling
- ITA Classifications of Equipment
- Importance of Training
- The Operator: Attitude, Rules and Guidelines, Authorization
- Safe / Unsafe Practices
- Maneuvering Skills
- Stability Factors
- How to Approach Ramps
- Load Capacities
- Adverse Operating Conditions: Obstructed Vision, Uneven Terrain, Overhead Conditions, Blind Corners, etc.
- The Load: Landing Point Load Limits, Transporting the Load, Placing the Load, etc.
- Inspection and Maintenance, Engine, Electrical System, Hydraulics, Warning Devices, etc
- Review of CSA, Occupational Health and Safety and Ministry of Labor Regulations
- Pr-operational Inspection
- Operation of Equipment
- Operator Evaluation
**Please note WorkSmart Safety Solutions meets OHSA REGULATIONS and CSA STANDARDS**
Every Workplace in Ontario must comply with: OHSA