In this course you we will cover how to effectively recognize the hazards associated with confined spaces and how to perform assigned duties effectively while being in a confined space.
Confined space awareness may be renewed annually.
This course is typically covered over one day in classroom training with instruction taking approximately 4 hours. This includes testing, both written and practical.
**Please note that all breaks, including lunch, are separate and not included in instruction time**
The following Topics will be covered during this course:
- Recognition and identification of potential hazards associated with the confined spaces that will be entered
- Evaluation and control procedures for the identified or potential hazards
- All equipment such as ventilation equipment (blowers), harnesses and air quality monitors (e.g, Oxygen/combustible meters) that will be used in the confined space
- All personal protective equipment (e.g. respirators) that the worker will be using while in the confined space.
- All procedures for entering the confined space
- Procedures to follow in the event of a situation developing that could present additional risk to the worker or an emergency
- That specific work to be done while in the confined space
**Please note WorkSmart Safety Solutions meets OHSA REGULATIONS and CSA STANDARDS**